North Scituate Advent Christian Church is seeking a part-time Christian worship leader/guitarist/pianist for Sunday morning worship. The preferred applicant for this position will be able to prepare and select music, coordinate the participation of other worship team members, and lead the Sunday morning worship service,.However, applicants who are skilled pianists or guitarists but who are not interested in preparing and leading worship are encouraged to still apply for this position. Compensation will be determined relative to the skills and assumed responsibilities of the applicant. Applicants may respond via email @ firstname.lastname@example.org School/Organization:
North Scituate Advent Christian Chruch Location:
North Scituate, RI
Scott Aiken Address:
212 Rockland Road, N Scituate, RI 02857 EMail:
To develop in each student an appreciation of the art of music as part of culture; to teach techniques of vocal or instrumental music expression; to discover and develop talents of students in the field of music; and to develop knowledge and skills in listening to and reading music.
1. Provides instruction in general and ensemble music (band, orchestra, and choral music);
2. Plans a balanced instructional music program, and organizes daily class time so that preparation, rehearsal, and instruction can be accomplished within the allotted time;
3. Utilizes a repertoire of all types of music, including traditional and contemporary, that is appropriate for the ages, interests and skill levels of students and that fosters music appreciation;
4. Organizes the storage and use of school-owned property; makes minor adjustments and requests repairs to instruments as required;
5. Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to assure an orderly, productive learning environment during practice, group rehearsals, and musical performances;
6. Evaluates each student's growth and performance, assessing each individual's contribution to the performance of the group;
7. Plans, rehearses, and directs students in musical programs for school and community;
8. Selects and requisitions books, musical instruments, and instructional aids; and maintains required inventory records;
9. Demonstrates an understanding of standards-based education and how it is implemented in the classroom.
10. Communicates with parents on student progress;
11. Performs such other duties as assigned by the Principal or Supervisor of the Arts.
Position Type: Full-time
Positions Available: 1
Job Category: Classroom Teacher > Music Education
Equal Opportunity Employer
Newport Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
1. Hold or be currently eligible for a valid Rhode Island Certificate in music education, PK-12;
2. Evidence of competency in the field of music;
3. Demonstrated ability to know and utilize technology in the teaching and learning process;
4. Keyboard proficiency desired (piano);
5. Demonstrated ability to perform the responsibilities below as evidenced by course work, education, prior experience, and the interview process.
6. Any such other qualifications as the committee may deem acceptable and appropriate.
Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
Upon a conditional offer of employment, you will be asked to provide:
1) A background check done by your local police department.
2) ID required for the I-9 form: driver's license & Soc Sec card or US passport
3) W-4 form
This employer has requested that all applicants answer the following questions. It is highly recommended that you type any essays in a word processing program, save them, and then paste them on the proceeding job application page.
1. Have you ever been employed or applied for employment with Newport Public Schools? Please explain.
Brief Response (Answer limited to 200 characters, including spaces)
2. Are you employed now? If we may contact your current employer please provide the contact information: name, title, address, and phone number.
Brief Response (Answer limited to 200 characters, including spaces)
3. Have you ever been employed in a job that made you a member of the Employees Retirement System of Rhode Island (ERSRI)? Yes /No If so, how many years did you have as of June 30, 2012 ? Have you ever been employed in a job that made you a member of the Municipal Employees Retirement System (MERS)? Yes/No If so, how many years did you have as of June 30, 2012 ?
Brief Response (Answer limited to 200 characters, including spaces) School/Organization:
Rogers High School Location:
Diane Sheehan Address:
35 Dexter Street, Newport, Rhode Island 02840 EMail:
Please apply online via http://www.generalasp.com/fallriverschools/onlineapp School/Organization:
Edmond P. Talbot Innovation Middle School Location:
Fall River, MA
Jacqueline Francisco Address:
1 year only - PreK - 5 General Music at
Stony Lane and Fishing Cove Elementary Schools.
School Spring ID # 220226 Posted until filled. Starting Immediately School/Organization:
Stony Lane Location:
North Kingstown, RI
Nicole Hitchener Address:
The Newport String Project invites applications for the position of Associate Musician (viola or cello). The associate musician will report to Newport String Project co-directors and will contribute to the success of the Newport String Projectís educational programming through direct participation in instruction, communications with families and students and logistics support. The position is approximately 10 hours per week.
To apply please send a cover letter, resume, reference list and recording to email@example.com by September 19th 2016.
Position Associate Musician with the Newport String Project
Hours Approximately 10 hours per week, including some weekends
Start Date Mid-late October 2016
Application Deadline September 19th 2016
The Associate Musician will collaborate with NSP directors in teaching classes and lessons one day a week at the MLK Center, as well as planning activities and performances for students. The position will also include 2-4 community performances and workshops in the wider Newport area. In addition, the Associate Musician will have several key administrative responsibilities that will contribute to the success of the Newport String Projectís educational programming. These responsibilities may include family liaison, student event coordination, attendance tracking and documentation.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the Newport String Projectís mission, have a deep knowledge of the neighborhoods in which NSP and performs and hold qualifications including:
- A passion for, and experience with, working with elementary and middle-school age children and their families
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and comfort working in a team
- A commitment to personal growth and learning, the ability to work on multiple projects with multiple deadlines
- Commitment to community-based social change work, and interest in innovative approaches to music education and performance
- Experience in the non-profit arts and education field
- Spanish proficiency
- A sense of humor School/Organization:
Newport String Project Location:
EmmaLee Holmes-Hicks Address:
Submitted on Friday, September 02, 2016 at 19:39:12 (EDT)Job Title:
Chorus, Piano Class
visit school spring
contact Ron Lamoureux off list w/questions
Johnston Senior High School Location:
Submitted on Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 09:41:26 (EDT)Job Title:
Baptist Church in Bristol R.I. looking for a pianist to play one Sunday morning service. Call or e-mail. School/Organization:
Baptist Church in Bristol Location:
ruthb@fullchannel .net Telephone:
Nicholas Voermans, the newly appointed Minister of Music at St. Martin's Episcopal Church is seeking four paid section leaders(SATB) to support the parish's choral tradition. We seek individuals that enjoy working in a team environment with excellent sight reading skills, stylistic versatility (both straight tone and with vibrato), and a knowledge of differing musical styles. Experience with Anglican Chant is desirable.
Compensation is $50 per appearance, normally twice per week. Advanced college students are welcome to apply. Applications are encouraged to be submitted before August 21st. The St. Martin's choir season runs from September through June.
Those interested are encouraged to e-mail Nick Voermans at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 401-751-2141. At audition, candidates will be presented with a Gregorian Chant, a simple Anglican Chant, and a hymn. School/Organization:
St. Martin's Episcopal Church Location:
Nick Voermans Address:
Submitted on Monday, August 08, 2016 at 07:35:07 (EDT)Job Title:
full-time elementary music teacher School/Organization:
Woonsocket School System Location:
James Wolfgang Address:
108 High Street EMail:
Paul Effman Music is seeking talented instrumental music teachers. We currently have a part time position available. It includes giving small group lessons on woodwinds, brass, percussion and violin. Most of our programs take place after schools. Christmas and Spring concerts. School/Organization:
Paul Effman Music Location:
Lou Varuzzo Address:
845-452-8528, ext 105 Expiration:
Submitted on Saturday, August 06, 2016 at 09:09:10 (EDT)