To lead the spiritual life of the congregation through the ministry of music.
A. Weekly Activities
1. Work closely with the pastor and Office Administrator to plan, create and lead high-quality worship services.
2. Conduct rehearsals of the adult choir or specialist presentations.
3. Prepare and provide music for Sunday worship and other special services, including organ, piano, instrumental, vocal, and band.
4. Provide timely information to the office for bulletins, newsletters, or online communication as it relates to the Music Ministry of the church.
5. Organize and maintain the music library.
1. Plan, purchase, and select music well in advance for worship.
2. Be available for weddings and funerals as first right of refusal. If substitute is needed, coordinate with the pastor.
3. Practice organ and piano to maintain professional musicianship.
4. Collaborate with ministry partners for special multicultural and/or interfaith worship services.
5. Recruit and schedule a wide variety of guest and special musicians in the congregation and the community to provide a wide variety of music offerings.
6. Direct and coordinate with the Youth Choir Director and Youth Band director for up to monthly youth choir performances during worship.
7. Use and monitor Music Budget.
8. As requested, attend monthly staff meetings and Trustees meetings.
9. Work with choir to lead special events.
10. Arrange for organ and piano tuning.
United Methodist Church Location:
East Providence, RI
Joan E. Klein Address:
200 Taunton Avenue, East Providence, RI 02914 EMail:
Submitted on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 at 11:07:30 (EDT)Job Title:
Instrumental music for grade 5, 7, and 8. All students meet in small group classes during the day. 7th and 8th graders also meet in a full ensemble twice every 6 days. All instrumental classes are part of the students schedule. Open immediately! School/Organization:
Tiverton Middle School Location:
Dan Snizek Address:
Moses Brown’s Performing Arts Department seeks a Staff Accompanist. This part-time job entails accompanying the Upper and Middle School Choruses, working with student accompanists and accompanying a few instrumental recitals throughout the school year. The position also includes potential for taking on private students as part of our strong private lessons program. Additionally, the position could include accompanying the Upper School Spring Musical.
Candidates should be skilled pianists with experience in choral accompaniment and chamber music. Strong scheduling and interpersonal skills are crucial. Most importantly the candidate should be passionate about working with middle and high school age musicians.
The position requires about 6 hours per week for regular chorus rehearsals, approximately 6 evening performances throughout the school year and a handful of other school events.
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to Justin Peters, Performing Arts Department Chair at email@example.com.
Moses Brown School Location:
Justin Peters Address:
250 Lloyd Avenue EMail:
4018317350 x731 Expiration:
Full Time Middle School Band and General Music
Starting 8/27 to 12/22
Job-specific questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Applications should be submitted through HR Office School/Organization:
Woonsocket Middle School Location:
James Wolfgang, HR Address:
108 High Street, Woonsocket, RI 02895 EMail:
Long term (one semester) substitute teaching position available. Position includes mixed choir, music theory classes, and musical theater for children. See schoolspring.com for application. This is a short 5'day posting. School/Organization:
West Warwick High School Location:
West Warwick, RI
Richard Marchetti Address:
3/8 time includes
Sunday morning worship and
weekly choir rehearsals
beginning September 2015 School/Organization:
First Congregation Church Location:
Sandie Campbell Address:
We are seeking a substitute organist for the First Congregational Church in Bristol for two Sundays: July 12th and August 30th. The services are 10:00-11:00 AM School/Organization:
First Congregational Church Location:
Vicki Boyle Address:
401 787-6578 Expiration:
Submitted on Friday, June 26, 2015 at 08:59:29 (EDT)