Solo & Ensemble Festival
Saturday, May 19, 2018
Friday, April 13, 2018
$15 per SOLO, per event
$30 per ENSEMBLE, regardless of size
Rhode Island College (directions)
Late students can be registered on-site (by a RIMEA member) in the Sapinsley Hall Lobbyfor a fee of $25 (solo) and $40 (ensemble). These students will be sent to wait by a room for an opening.
All music performed at the Solo & Ensemble Festival must be listed in one of the sanctioned music lists, listed below. Each piece is graded by the level of difficulty.
If you need to, please make a "best guess" as to the level at which your student(s) will be playing. It is acceptable if an occasional student changes his/her mind after registration and performs at a different level the day of the festival.
Selection(s) to be performed should conform to these time limitations*:
- Levels 1-4 (B and C on Wisconsin, 2 & 3 on Texas) are 6 minute slots
- Levels 5-6 (A on Wisconsin, 1 on Texas) are 8 minute slots
- To be nominated to audition as a soloist for the Honors Recital students must play a Level 6 piece (or WI or TX equivalent) with live or Smart Music accompaniment, receive a score of 33-35, and be deemed "Concert Ready".
- Ensembles must receive a score of 33-35 for a grade 5 or 6 piece (or WI or TX equivalent) and also be deemed "Concert Ready".
- The term "Concert Ready" means the performance, as heard by the adjudicator, would be acceptable as if it were being performed in a live concert recital.
- To audition for and, if selected, to perform in the Honors Recital, ALL accompaniments must be LIVE. NO RECORDED OR SMART MUSIC ACCOMPANIMENTS. (This policy does not apply to pieces written as unaccompanied solos.)
- All decisions concerning the Honors Recital will be made by the Honors Recital Chairpersons.
Sanctioned Music Lists: