Welcome to the Solo & Ensemble Festival
- Due to numbers and scheduling requests, the following instruments are "morning-only": French horn, guitar, percussion, snare, tuba/euphonium, trombone
- Students should report directly to their scheduled room, 15 minutes before their assigned time (when possible); there is no need to "check in" if they know where they are going.
- All students participating must be on the schedule. The judges will be using their lists to confirm student registration. Any student not on the list must have a registration confirmation in order to participate which can be obtained from Sapinsley Hall Lobby (Nazarian Center) the day of the festival. Students must be registered by a RIMEA member, for a fee of $25 (solos) and $40 (ensembles).
- Students must also have the PROPER SOLO & ENSEMBLE ADJUDICATION FORM with them. Be sure the student has the correct form and that all information has been completed correctly. (HINT: if you download the PDF forms (rather than open them in your browser), you can type in them before you print them.) Incorrect or missing information of the adjudication form only delays the performance and causes judges to fall behind on their schedules.
- Any students using a CD/MP3 accompaniment will need to CARRY IN THEIR OWN CD/MP3 PLAYERS/SPEAKERS.
- Percussion room NC 198 will contain a piano, marimba, xylophone, vibes, bells, chimes, bass drum, snare drum, 4 toms, 4 timpani, drum set, sus cymbal and crash cymbal. NC 233 will have a snare drum.
- Once finished playing, the adjudicator will hand the student his/her completed adjudication form. If a student receives a rating of "Excellent" or "Superior", he/she should take the form to the Sapinsley Hall Lobby (Nazarian Center) to receive a medal.
- Students are expected to behave properly the entire time they are on the RIC campus. Unruly students will not be allowed to perform.
Good luck to you and all of your students!