Welcome to the Solo & Ensemble Festival
- Solo & Ensemble is at NORTH KINGSTOWN HS this year. Please don't send students to RIC.
- Due to numbers and scheduling requests, the following instruments are "morning-only": oboe, bassoon, guitar, percussion, snare drum
- Students should report directly to their scheduled room, 15 minutes before their assigned time (when possible); there is no need to "check in" if they know where they are going.
- All students participating must be on the schedule. The judges will be using their lists to confirm student registration. Any student not on the list must have a registration confirmation in order to participate which can be obtained from hallway outside the auditorium the day of the festival. Students that wish to register on-site must be registered by a RIMEA member, for a fee of $30 (solos) and $50 (ensembles).
- Students must also have the PROPER SOLO & ENSEMBLE ADJUDICATION FORM with them. Be sure the student has the correct form and that all information has been completed correctly. (HINT: if you download the PDF forms (rather than open them in your browser), you can type in them before you print them.) Incorrect or missing information of the adjudication form only delays the performance and causes judges to fall behind on their schedules.
- Sponsors/students are responsible for finding their own accompanist, if accompaniment is desired. RIMEA does maintain a database of accompanists that sponsor can access.
- Any students using a CD/MP3 accompaniment will need to CARRY IN THEIR OWN CD/MP3 PLAYERS/SPEAKERS.
- Percussion room 145 will contain a marimba, xylophone, vibes, bells, chimes, bass drum, snare drum, 4 toms, 4 timpani, drum set, sus cymbal and crash cymbal. Snare drum room 142 will have a snare drum.
- Once finished playing, the adjudicator will hand the student his/her completed adjudication form. If a student receives a rating of "Excellent" or "Superior", he/she should take the form to the hallway outside the auditorium to receive a medal.
- Students are expected to behave properly the entire time they are on the North Kingstown HS campus. Unruly students will not be allowed to perform.
Good luck to you and all of your students!